The infamous UFC star Conor McGregor is reportedly facing a total of 6 charges following his arrest on March 22.
Conor McGregor once again has to deal with legal issues. The troubled Irish sports star was arrested for reckless driving back in his hometown in Dublin, Ireland.
‘The Notorious’ was driving his $185,000 Bentley Continental GT and violated road rules, resulting in him being arrested by the Garda (Ireland police).
Conor McGregor was attending a court hearing today and got charged with two counts of dangerous driving, no insurance, failing to produce insurance and having no license. The 33-year-old definitely has no problem with paying the fine. However, not having a license or insurance during the incident might turn out to be an issue.
It’s unclear if McGregor’s driving license has been suspended or not. He appeared in court and drove off in another vehicle.
In March, McGregor’s spokesperson Karen Kessler explained that McGregor was heading to the gym that day.
“Mr. McGregor was driving to the gym when he was stopped by the Garda (Irish police) for alleged road traffic violations.” Karen Kessler told ESPN
After the court, McGregor went out to talk to the media. He gave an update of his physical condition and said he is ready to return to the octagon to fight in the welterweight division.
“Straight back into training. Straight back in and looking forward to getting back into the octagon. Leg’s feeling better every day. We’ll see what happens. I think 170 is what I’m aiming for.” McGregor said.
Conor McGregor was injured during his fight against Dustin Poirier in July last year. He has recovered and will be ready to compete again anytime soon. He will be moving up to the welterweight division. McGregor is targeting a title shot against the reigning champion Kamaru Usman.
Conor McGregor has been charged earlier today with two counts of dangerous driving, no insurance, failing to produce insurance and having no license.
— Violent Money TV (@VM_TV_) April 7, 2022