Middle-East based promotion UAE Warriors just had their major event last Saturday, UAE Warriors 30. The event featured a featherweight title fight as the main event between the challenger Jesse Arnett and former UFC athlete Ali Alqaisi.
The pair exchanged blows fiercely and in the third round, a cage side doctor decided to stop the match due to a cut on Alqaisi’s face. ‘The Royal Fighter’ was very upset by the doctor’s decision and started yelling at him. At this point, an altercation had already started and people were swarming inside the cage.
Chaos ensued at UAE Warriors 30 event after MMA fighter Ali Alqaisi chased his opponent following the stoppage.
The former UFC fighter couldn’t accept his defeat after a doctor threw in the towel.
His opponent Jesse Arnett backed the doctor and can be seen trying to argue Alqaisi. Alqaisi turned his attention to Arnett and started to attack him. Arnett was escorted outside the cage and Alqaisi tried to chase him by jumping on the fence.
The video got spread online and went viral. Luckily, the security managed to hold down Ali Alqaisi and subdued him.
The loss simply hurt more than the cut Alqaisi received. The 31-year-old is on a 4th win streak after being released from the UFC back in 2020. Prior to the recent match, Alqaisi said he is hoping to resign a contract with the biggest MMA promotion if he defends his title on Saturday. He also revealed that UFC vice president would consider to resign him if he performs well.
“My goal was to take the fastest way back to the UFC. I still have Sean (Shelby’s) email when I was released saying that they would ‘re-assess’ after a couple of fights. I think with three titles and four wins on the trot, I should be making that assessment easier for him.” Alqaisi said.