Jon Jones arrested for threatening to kill PED tester who came to collect sample

UFC heavyweight champion Jon Jones found himself in legal trouble after being accused of assaulting and threatening a testing agent, as reported by New Mexico police.

The incident unfolded when Crystal Martinez, a test sample collection worker, filed a complaint alleging that she and a colleague visited Jones’ residence in Albuquerque at 4 a.m. on March 30 for a surprise drug test mandated by DFSI, contracted by UFC.

Despite requests for comments, UFC, DFSI, and Jones’ manager remained silent on the matter.

Jones, however, addressed the situation on his Instagram, acknowledging the encounter but dismissing claims of threats. He described the incident as ending amicably, with no hostile intentions.

Martinez recounted that Jones expressed dissatisfaction with the collection process and initially struggled to provide urine, leading her to suggest a blood test. However, this suggestion only aggravated Jones further.

Allegedly, Jones threatened legal action against the sample collectors and exhibited signs of intoxication, according to Martinez.

Concerns arose over potential UFC fines for failing to produce urine on the spot, prompting Jones to eventually comply with the collection process alongside Jerome Romero, his sample collection colleague.

During the interaction, Jones purportedly picked up Martinez’s phone and recorded the exchange, uttering derogatory remarks.

Martinez claimed Jones leaned in close, threatening repercussions for early visits to his home, instilling fear.

Despite Martinez’s attempt to retrieve her phone, Jones refused, further escalating tensions.

Following the incident, Martinez reported her concerns to her superiors, expressing a desire to press charges against Jones.

Jones, however, refuted Martinez’s accusations, claiming miscommunication and apologizing for any offensive language used during the encounter.

The police issued Jones a summons for allegations of assault and interference with communications, doubling as an arrest, though he wasn’t taken into custody.

This incident marks another legal entanglement for Jones, who has previously faced charges related to hit-and-run incidents and domestic battery.

Jones’ tumultuous history includes suspensions for doping violations, despite his impressive professional record.

With the implementation of no-notice sample collections by DFSI, UFC aims to reinforce its  policies, signaling a stricter approach to maintaining integrity within the sport.

An excerpt from the police report made it online. It details:

“Upon arrival, I contacted Crystal who stated she worked for DFSI who conducts —- tests for professional athletes. Crystal stated she and a coworker, identified as Jerome arrived at Jones’ residence on 03/30/2024 at approximately 16: 00 hours and an unknown male answered the door and directed them to the garage. Crystal stated there she contacted Jones to inform him they were there to conduct a —- test, showed him her credentials and he was cooperative at first. Crystal told me she laid her equipment on a table including her phone. Crystal informed me that Jones wanted to do the urine test in the garage so she went around the corner while Jerome stood with Jones. Crystal stated she waited a few minutes and then went back because she did not hear anything and they were gone. Crystal said that Jerome and Jones came through a door and that Jerome appeared nervous and said Jones could not pee. Crystal explained to me she offered to do a blood test instead and stated Jones appeared agitated by him being “tense and puffed up” and looked bugged. Crystal stated that Jones was asking them questions if they had money because he was going to sue them. Crystal stated that Jones picked up her phone and started recording them saying he was going to sue them which she had video of. It should be noted at that time Jones had no shirt on and his size compared to Crystal.”

“I looked at the video and it appeared Jones stated something to the effect “Here fuc Jerome and his girlfriend in my garage” and the video cut off. Crystal stated after that, Jones had made the statements about suing them and put her phone in his pocket. Crystal told me she asked for the phone back and he refused and got into her face stating “Why you f people come so early, do you know what happens to people who come to my house they end up dead”. Crystal said she felt afraid, her heart was pounding, was terrified at that moment and Jones was less than a foot away. Crystal explained she wanted to terminate the test right then and there but was afraid Jones might hit her since the UFC fines athletes if the test is not taken. Crystal stated that she tried to signal Jerome discreetly for help or to see if he thought they should leave. Crystal said she wanted to call for help but Jones had her phone. Crystal told me she told Jerome to tell his girlfriend who was sitting in a car parked in the driveway to leave because Jones seemed upset the car was in his driveway and thought it might calm him down. Crystal clarified that Jerome could not call for help either since he had given his phone to his girlfriend earlier.
Crystal stated that Jones later agreed to take the urine test again and he placed her phone back on the counter so she grabbed it while he and Jerome went to the patio. Crystal stated that when she texted her boss, only known as Pierson that Jones was threatening her and that she could not talk with him over the phone right now because Jones could come back at any moment and thought Jones would attack her if he saw her on the phone. Crystal told me that Jerome and Jones had come back and that Jerome looked pale and nervous. Crystal stated Jerome started to package and seal the urine so they could get out of there but he kept making mistakes which she believed was because he was nervous. Crystal later stated she believed Jones might have been drunk because she smelled an odor of an alc-holic beverage coming from him. Crystal said once they left she did an internal report for her boss but also informed him she was going to file a police report and he told her to hold off until UFC representatives spoke with her and that Jerome told her he did not want to file one because he was afraid of the repercussions. Crystal stated that later Pierson contacted her on Tuesday 04/04/2024 asking her why she wanted to file a report and seemed like he was trying to talk her out of it. Crystal said she tried to file a report a few days ago but was waiting for hours so she said she would call back.
Crystal stated she wanted to pursue charges against Jones. A summons will be issued to Jones. I attempted to contact Pierson and..”

UPDATE: Jon Jones denied arrest on his personal social media: