The Colorado Office of Combative Sports and the Colorado Combative Sports Commission said that Melvin Guillard is not eligible to participate due to health issues, just as BKFC believed it might finally book Melvin Guillard a fight.
On October 15 in Broomfield, Colorado, Guillard was scheduled to square off against Evgeny Kurdanov in the upcoming BKFC 31 event. However, Guillard is “not currently licensed” to compete in any kind of competition. This is according to a Colorado Office of Combative Sports commission employee who spoke on the record on Friday.
The commission said: “Mr. Guillard is not currently licensed by the Colorado Office of Combative Sports and the scheduled Oct. 15 bout will not take place.”
The aforementioned commissions said previously that Guillard would not be permitted to compete because they “value the safety” of all athletes competing in Colorado.
“We value the safety of all athletes in Colorado and after further research have decided to disallow this”
Guillard has had his request to compete at BKFC denied twice in a row. Previously, Guillard and Ulysses Diaz were scheduled to compete in a BKFC event in Florida last year. However, the Association of Boxing Commissions and Combative Sports and the Florida Athletic Commission, would not allow the former UFC fighter to take part.
Since 2017, Guillard has not experienced a BKFC victory. He was coming off a terrible seven-loss streak under the renowned bare-knuckle promotion prior to the two cancelled contests. The most recent was a brutal 59-second knockout defeat to fellow former UFC veteran Joe Riggs at BKFC Montana last year.
Good on CSAC disallowing Melvin's permit pic.twitter.com/wDVm1a23Nn
— calfkicker (@calfkickercom) October 9, 2022
There is currently no firm information on Guillard’s future plans. Let’s only hope he returns to action as soon as possible.
Guillard was looking to snap a 7 loss streak across bare-knuckle boxing and MMA. The 39 year-old is currently 1-14 with one no-contest in his last 16.