UFC veteran Tito Ortiz recently had a burglar breaking into his house in Southern California. The authorities were called to investigate the crime.
On Friday, Huntington Beach Police Department received a call from Ortiz’s home in the morning. The 47-year-old requested a service and reported that someone had entered his house. Ortiz said that he is safe as he wasn’t home at the time of the incident.
Ortiz has been spending time in Hawaii, helping fellow UFC veteran BJ Penn run for office.
It’s still unclear what the thief stole from his house. The authorities are still running an investigation.
Last month, the former UFC heavyweight champion put his Huntington Harbor home on sale for $6 million. But, seeing how popular he was, it might not be a big problem.
In his hometown, Tito Ortiz is considered one of the most famous residents. He is one of the pioneers in the UFC. At the age of 22, he had his first two bouts in that promotion at UFC 13 event way back in 1997. In 2000 he won the vacant light heavyweight championship against Wanderlei Silva and defended it 5 times. Ortiz had a brief retirement in 2012 and returned two years later to compete in Bellator MMA.
Ortiz continued his career and had a professional boxing match against fellow UFC veteran Anderson Silva in 2021. It was his first and only boxing match. Silva had it easy and knocked out Ortiz within two minutes of the first round.
Since then, Ortiz hasn’t appeared in either the boxing ring or MMA cage. However, ‘The Huntington Beach Bad Boy’ is planning to return to MMA. He is aiming to go back to the biggest MMA promotion the UFC and fight fellow veteran Shogun Rua.
“It’s never over and I think I made that mistake with the UFC when I said I’ll never fight for the UFC ever again. And now I think about it, that’ll be an amazing last fight for myself and for Shogun Rua.” Ortiz said during an interview with Helen Yee.